1. Define your goals for your Education Abroad experience, ask yourself, why do you want to participate in an Education Abroad program?
Do you seek meaningful intellectual and personal growth?
Do you want to expand your cultural awareness and appreciation?
Do you want to learn a new language? Or master your bilingual communication and language skills?
Do you want to pursue academic research outside of the U.S.?
2. Browse our website for the different types of programs we offer. We provide the resources necessary for you to go on a Faculty-led, International exchange, Affiliated, and Non-affiliated programs. Including Internships and Service Learning via our Affiliated Programs
4. Create a TXST Education Abroad online application profile. Only if you plan on participating in an Affiliated, Non-Affiliated or International Exchange program.
5. Start applying for scholarships like the Texas State IEFS.
You can start applying for Financial Assistance before you are accepted.
6. Call or email your academic advising center to let them know that you’re at the academic advising stage of your Education Abroad application. (Required)
While discussing Education Abroad with your Academic Advisor visit your degree plan and your class options for your Education Abroad program. (Required)
7. Schedule an appointment with an Education Abroad Advisor. (Required for Affiliated, Non-Affiliated and International Exchange Programs only)
8. Prior to your appointment complete all of the pre-acceptance steps in your online application.
9. You will be notified by Education Abroad of your acceptance.
10. Return to your online application and complete all of the post-acceptance steps.
12. GO ABROAD!