Education Abroad Ambassador Program
Education Abroad Ambassadors at Texas State University are fellow bobcats who wish to share their international experiences with everyone who is interested in participating in an Education Abroad program. As an ambassador, you will encourage other Texas State students to participate in an Education Abroad and help increase international awareness throughout our campus and the San Marcos community.
Selected students will help International Affairs in various areas including, but not limited to: the Education Abroad Fair, Ready Set Go Abroad Spring event international student events, presentations, networking opportunities, social media, peer advising and more!
Becoming an Education Abroad Ambassador will not only be an exceptional resume booster, but participants will also have the opportunity to develop several skills such as public speaking and other communication and leadership skills. Upon successful completion of the entire required hours, Education Abroad Ambassadors will receive a certificate of completion and a graduation sash from the country of their choice.
Requirements to be a Texas State Education Abroad Ambassador:
- Previous international experience
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at Texas State at the time of application
- Actively participate a minimum of one semester in the Ambassador program volunteering at least 6 hours per month for one academic semester (4 months) to Education Abroad
- Have participated in an Education Abraod program
- Recommendation from Study Abroad Program Leader