Skip to Content

International Health Insurance

Foreign Travel Assistance & Insurance

If you are planning to participate in a Texas State Education Abroad Program you have access to On Call International, which provides medical and travel assistance services. This service is a great benefit in the event you need help while participating in the program. 

Click here to access the On Call International insurance policy description, COVID-19 and quarantine coverage and FAQ's related to COVID-19 coverage. Should you have any questions regarding foreign travel insurance, please contact Education Abroad at 512-245-1967 or email us at 


Students Participating in Non- Affiliated Education Abroad Programs or Independent Travel

It is important to realize that most U.S. insurance coverage is not recognized abroad. Therefore, Texas State Education Abroad strongly recommends that you acquire sufficient health and accident insurance for the entire period of your trip. Ask your education abroad program provider if you will have insurance coverage while participating in the program; if so, request a detailed description of this policy. The following insurance companies provide health insurance to education abroad students (these options are presented as a reference, and it is not the intention of Texas State Education Abroad to recommend any of these companies):

Betins International Health and Travel Insurance

Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI)

Travel Guard Insurance


Travelex Insurance Services

For health information on specific destinations, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) page. Please refer to the Health and Safety Abroad page for more information on health and safety abroad.